[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]One question we are often asked at the Law Offices of Scott Warmuth is whether or not a non-citizen of the United States is eligible for workers' compensation benefits.  In California, that answer is yes.  All California workers, regardless of citizenship status, are eligible for aid should they be injured on the job.  Even workers who do not have legal authorization to work in the United States have workers' compensation protections. This is a very important point to reiterate.  If you are injured while working in California, regardless of your immigration status, you should contact a workers' compensation attorney.  Employers are required by law to carry workers' compensation insurance, which does not discriminate on who you are or how you were injured.  You should immediately report any work injury.  Retaliation for reporting a work injury is illegal, but if it should happen, an experienced workers' compensation attorney will help you seek damages. The workers' compensation process is the same for citizens and non-citizens as well.  The benefits too.  All injured workers are entitled to medical treatment, disability benefits, and job displacement benefits.  The Law Offices of Scott Warmuth can help you recover physically and financially from your work injury.  Call us today at 888-517-9888 to receive a free injury consultation![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]