The Stanislaus County Sheriff's Office has released video footage of a crime spree last month that included a robbery, vehicle theft, and a high-speed chase, which ended with a suspect shooting a stolen weapon at officers before being shot by an officer in an orchard. The suspect, Jason Benson Dingler, 43, has been discharged from the hospital after being shot near the city of Newman on September 22, according to authorities. He is scheduled to appear in court on October 5, as stated by the county prosecutor's office. A narrated video compilation published by the sheriff's office includes home and business surveillance videos, officer body camera footage, and aerial helicopter recordings of various crime scenes. Here is a timeline of the crimes, according to the sheriff's office. Dingler is accused of first breaking into a house in the 3000 block of W. Keyes Road at 1:09 a.m. and stealing the firearm and ammunition that he allegedly used while committing other crimes later in the day. Surveillance footage from the house allegedly shows Dingler kicking the door of the house without a shirt. The residents of the house were out of town at that time, according to the sheriff's office. In addition to stealing a firearm from the house, Dingler also stole clothing, according to the sheriff's office. Next, Dingler is accused of using the firearm to steal a Ford truck at a house in the 5000 block of Muncy Road around 5:26 p.m. Surveillance footage from the house shows Dingler pointing a gun at a man there while falsely claiming to be a member of the military, according to the sheriff's office. "If you call the police, you're dead," can be heard the man with the gun saying in the footage after demanding the car keys. Dingler is then seen on surveillance video stealing beer from a nearby One Stop market at 5:27 p.m. with the gun in his waistband, according to the sheriff's office. As he left, an employee activated an alarm, according to the sheriff's office. The California Highway Patrol noticed the stolen truck at 5:33 p.m. at the intersection of Grayson Road and Highway 33. A sheriff's deputy attempted a traffic stop as the vehicle was driving south on Highway 33 in Paterson at 5:51 p.m. Dingler then led deputies on an 11-mile pursuit, reaching speeds of 85 mph, according to the sheriff's office. The pursuit ended when Dingler crashed into another motorist and then crashed the truck into an orchard, according to the sheriff's office. After abandoning the truck, Dingler ran into the orchard and fired multiple times at responding deputies, as confirmed by the body-worn camera footage and aerial cameras, according to the sheriff's office. Deputies took cover behind their vehicles and, through a loudspeaker, ordered Dingler to raise his hands, but the suspect responded with gunfire, according to the sheriff's office. The patrol vehicle was struck four times, according to the sheriff's office. Two deputies fired their weapons when Dingler began walking in their direction and raised his weapon, according to the sheriff's office. Dingler was shot around 6:26 p.m., according to the body-worn camera footage released by the police. After the shooting, deputies demanded that Dingler move away from the stolen weapon that was on the ground next to him. Deputies then provided medical attention once Dingler had moved far enough away, around 6:43 p.m., according to the timestamp in the video footage. The charges Dingler faces include five counts of attempted murder of a peace officer, seven counts of assault on a peace officer with a firearm, two counts of burglary, vehicle theft, kidnapping, robbery, assault with a firearm, reckless evasion of a peace officer, hit and run with injuries, being a felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition, possession of a stolen firearm, and brandishing a firearm. Originally posted at Liga Legal® Abogados